About this form
This application form can be used to apply for a licence to operate as a commercial dog walker, handler or trainer in public places, under the Wellington City Council Trading and Events in Public Places Policy 2022.
- A licence can only be issued to an individual, not to an organisation.
- Fields marked with an * are compulsory. You won't be able to proceed to the next section if you haven't filled them in.
- Click on the blue notes for help.
- If you exit your browser, the incomplete form will be saved to the cache on your device. You can come back to the same device at any time to complete it.
You will need to supply the following information or documents in this form.
- Evidence you hold public liability insurance of a minimum of $1 million.
- A certificate showing you have passed the Animal Services Commercial Dog Walkers, Handlers and Trainers Course, if completed.
- New Zealand Business Number (NZBN) from the Companies Register, if appropriate.
- You will need to enrol in an Animal Services Commercial Dog Walkers Training Course and upload the certificate, if you've already completed this course.
- You will also need to complete an assessment with an Animal Control Officer after you receive your licence.
How we will use your application information
The information, and any supporting documents, you provide in this application will be used by Wellington City Council to process your application under the Trading and Events in Public Places Policy 2022. The information relating to your operation may be made public.
The collection and use of personal information by the Wellington City Council is regulated by the Privacy Act 2020. Under this Act, personal information may be collected only for a lawful purpose connected with a function or activity of the Council and only if necessary for that purpose.
You will need to pay an application fee of $191.50 (GST inclusive) which also includes the course fee. The application fee is not refundable if your application is not approved.
If your application is approved there is an annual renewal fee of $61.00 (GST inclusive).