Wellington City Council

Tono i tētahi raihana whakangahau i ngā tiriti, whakangahau pati anō hoki

Apply for a street performance and busking licence

Before you startNext: Applicant details
1 of 6

About this form

Use this form to apply for permission to perform as a busker or street performer in public places, under the Wellington City Council Trading and Events in Public Places Policy 2022.

  • Fields marked with an * are compulsory. You won't be able to proceed to the next section if you haven't filled them in.
  • Click on the blue notes for help.

Supporting documents

You will need to supply the following information or documents in this form.

  • Evidence you hold public liability insurance of a minimum of $1 million, depending on your act
  • A health and safety plan, if applicable.

How we will use your application information

The information, and any supporting documents, you provide in this application will be used by Wellington City Council to process your application under the Trading and Events in Public Places Policy 2022. The information relating to your operation may be made public.

The collection and use of personal information by the Wellington City Council is regulated by the Privacy Act 2020. Under this Act, personal information may be collected only for a lawful purpose connected with a function or activity of the Council and only if necessary for that purpose.


There is no application fee to apply for a buskers or street performers licence, however, a lease or booking fee may apply to the location for your activity.